Wednesday, June 30, 2010

IMC 2010: Joan of Arc & Imagine FX


Here is my assignment for this years Illustration Masters Class I attended a couple of weeks ago in Amherst Massachusetts.  (For those unfamiliar with IMC check out my previous blog post on last years here.)

For this years Assignment I chose to take on the Maid of Orleans... Joan of Arc.  We were free to interpret this book cover anyway we wished through either a historical viewpoint or, as I chose here a more fantastical one.  I’ve been wanting to do an angel piece for quite sometime and this was the perfect opportunity to take on the challenge.

You cacheck it out in my portfolio here or check out a larger view with some zoom details of brush work here.  Enjoy!

This years IMC class was a little different than last in that Imagine FX Magazine chose 10 artists to be featured in an upcoming article.  I just found out that I was fortunate enough to be one of the select artists.  Ill post an update when the article hits the stands, but in the mean time here is a list of all the artists that were chosen.

Anthony Palumbo
Clark Huggins
Dominick Saponaro
Andrew Baker
Jason Cheeseman-Meyer
Marc Scheff
Michael Hayes
Rebecca Solow
Sam Kennedy
Winona Nelson

Congratulations to everyone, Im honored to be in such good company!

-Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment