Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Phillustration 2011




For those in the Philly area or those willing to take a road trip there is a really cool Illustration show up now through July 17th at the Philadelphia Sketch Club.  They have some awesome works by Charles Santore, Boris Vallejo, Joe Devito, Julie Bell, and Matt Stewert just to name a few.  Also on display is a really great painting by this year’s juror David Palumbo.  While many of the artists that submit work are local, it is NOT a prerequisite.  Anyone may enter, and are encouraged to do so. Each year I am amazed at the work entered in the show and this time is no different.  I have three pieces on display and am very happy to share that I won first place in the institutional category with my train piece 1027 and second place in the self promotion category for my Lincoln painting.  Head on over and check out the 100+ illustrations now before its to late.

-Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment